Kurnool Tourism and top tourist places
In one of my Karthika masam temple trips , I have travelled to Kurnool , Andhra Pradesh with my family . So in a weekend trip we covered places to visit near kurnool district , important temples and top tourist places.
On friday night we started from Hyderabad to Nandyal.
In detailed version I have posted as a guest in website Travelstips
visit and give feedback and plan your trip in this Karthika masam.
In brief my trip was a two days trip and was in below order.
Day 1 : Places to visit near kurnool
1. As we already visited Srisailam, top tourist place of Kurnool , we started in a car from Nandyal to cover rest of places in 2 days.
2. In the morning we visited Banaganapalli (40 Km) , Sri Pothuluri Veera Brahmendra Swamy temple , where Brahmam Garu Wrote Kalagnanam , Nela Matam ( Prathama Peetam ) Shiva temple. Sri Chowdeswari temple , Nandavaram.
3. Next we visited Belum Caves ( Kurnool – 110 k.m. )
4. Banaganpalli Nawab palace ( Arundati kota ) : Between Belum caves-Yanganti temple ( 50 k.m. ) shown as Gadwal sanstham in telugu movie Arundati – Anushka
6. By evening we visited Ahobilam Narasimha Swamy temple. It is one of 108 Vaishnava Divyadesams in India.
7. We reached Mahanandi by night. We had Darshan and stayed there at night.
Day 2 : places to visit near kurnool
8.Next day morning once again had darshan of Mahanandeeswara swamy and moved to visit Nava Nandi Shrines.
9. Next covered Kurnool local : Konda Reddy Burz,Orvakallu(25km shot Srimanthudu Telugu movie – ( Maheshbabu )
10. Then finally visited Alampur Jogulamba temple and is a cluster of temples dedicated to Nava Brahmas. Bala Brahmeswara swamy is the presiding deity here ( from Kurnool 26 km ) 5 th Shakti peetam and did Kumkum Archana to Sri Chakra.It is surrounded with beautiful Tunga-Bhadra river .
Places to cover around :
Rollapadu Sanctuary , Mantralayam ( 110 k.m. )